Orange and chocolate are a classic match (hello, Jaffas!), and this granola recipe delivers on both counts.
Full of wholesome ingredients like almonds, buckwheat and dates, the addition of wild orange essential oil is two-fold. Wild orange is known to aid in digestion, while aromatically, it is calming and uplifting to the mind and body. It is known as the 'Oil of Abundance', assisting individuals to foster creativity and inspire an abundant mindset.
If stored in an airtight container, this mix can last up to a month.
WILD ORANGE CACAO CRUNCH
VEGAN | GLUTEN FREE
1 cup Loving Earth caramelised buckinis
1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
6 medjool dates
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Pinch of pink salt
3-4 drops of doTERRA wild orange essential oil (learn how to purchase these oils here)
1. Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celcius. Line a baking sheet with paper and set aside.
2. Blitz the almonds and buckinis in a food processor until crumbly.
3. Meanwhile, use a small handheld processor to mix together the dates, rice malt syrup, and coconut oil until smooth. Add a few drops of essential oil into this 'wet' mix to flavour the granola.
4. Combine the dry mix with the wet mix in a large bowl (hands work best for this to make sure the sweetener is combined well with the dry mix).
5. Pour mixture onto the baking tray and drizzle with a little coconut oil & rice malt syrup.
6. Bake for around 45 minutes - check midway through and give the granola mix a turn.
7. Once cooked through and crisp, remove from oven and allow to cool before eating.
8. Use as topping on a smoothie bowl (brownie points if you post it on Instagram), oats, or chia pudding, or eat alone as a snack with some fruit.